Repercussions of Evil Repercussions of Evil

Dear lord...

I haven't laughed so hard at a flash in a long time.

You have a very recognizable drawing style. The animation is pretty well done. One of the things I like about seeing new things from you is that there are (sometimes more subtle) hints of improvement in every flash. I especially liked the parts where everything was gray and blue for dramatic effect.

The voice acting was great for the most part, but I thought the last thing he told him on the radio sounded a little anticlimactic, like he was casually telling him his shoes were untied or something.

The music is obviously all great and fits perfectly, considering the theme.

"wtf is that thing?"

Seriously, what the fuck are those things?

Phobotech responds:

lol, that's a great observation. "No John...your shoes are untied!" Perhaps it should have been delivered with more emotion...the sadness that Stalvern doesn't realize he's gone to the other side, and the Colonel has to remorsefully inform him he has become that which he was sent to kill...

and lol, I had fun drawing "Stalvern's Warnings" ...it was the first finalized art I completed after the storyboard was done, and I thought a polaroid of a dead Cakodemon could use a genuinely human reaction. "WTF ARE THESE!?" lmao

Glad you liked it Sinitech! Thanks a lot man :D

Slave atAntique Road Show Slave atAntique Road Show

That was terrible

You're terrible. This is terrible. It's terrible.

Terrible.

On an unrelated note, the audio was quite unintelligible, but the animation itself was purty gud.

Alkaline: Bitmaptitude Alkaline: Bitmaptitude

Well fuck.

Now I wish I was less of an asshole and didn't tell you to fuck off when you asked me if I wanted to do voices.

Boss responds:

mutha fucka imma make a sequel but it wont be in as fast as a process as this one also itll be shorter and junk asfad

Megabullet Megabullet

I was absolutely enjoying this, sometimes simplicity is the best route, and this is definitely one of those cases. The lack of sound or music, as someone else suggested, is nice because it helps you concentrate.

I found, however, that the easiest way to play it legitimately is to just stop focusing on anything and let your eyes glaze over. While it kind of looks like you're having an acid trip, it's much easier to see where the openings are this way.

There is at least one really simple way to cheat, though. I just kept pressing X really fast to kind of give it a choppy slow motion effect, which was making hard difficulty substantially easier until I accidentally fumbled over the Z and X keys and lost at 16-1700 points.

All in all, it's fairly entertaining and I loved the way you made Lunatic difficulty harder, it was unexpected; but then, you always have some sort of clever twist in your submissions and it is definitely one of the appealing aspects of your work.

Stickman91 responds:

It can definitely be helpful at times to focus less on the gray circle and more on the approaching bullets, especially on the harder difficulties. But I can't imagine constantly pausing and unpausing would make things easier; for me, doing that breaks the flow of everything and makes the dodging less entertaining. Whatever works for you, though.

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the feedback!

Stickman Smasher Stickman Smasher

Not too bad, my man.

It was pretty fun at first, but it got a tiresome fairly quickly. I think, maybe, to break up the monotony a bit, some sort of different event every four quarters or something of that nature would have been nice.

I did find it somewhat humorous to go into different difficulties, expecting it to just go faster or something, and find that the smashy thing was smaller.

As it is, it's pretty fun while it lasts, and quite frantic a bit later on, but it could really do with something a little more.

Stickman91 responds:

Yeah, this really lacks in gameplay variety. I didn't want to get in over my head with Flash since I've never done anything like this before. I tried to make it very simple, but also entertaining and interesting enough to have some replay value. It could've been much more, but I'm very satisfied with how it came out. I learned a lot from this project, and hopefully I'll be able to make bigger and better things in the future.

Thanks for reviewing! :)

Keyboard ActionHero Keyboard ActionHero

Pretty good.

I liked it, actually. The controls were somewhat sluggish, but it's a very original idea. It's also pretty hard in single player to control the hero and type the correct keys at the same time.

Electrified (Instrumental) Electrified (Instrumental)

This is pretty good. The sound choice is a little odd to me, though. Particularly the hi-hat and the kick, they sound a little cheesy to me. That snare/clap could do with a *slight* bit of reverb in my opinion, just to make it sound a little less flat.

Otherwise this is a solid track, not overly complex and does what it's set out to do. I like it.

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Well, that was helpful. Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Time In The Fair City Time In The Fair City

This is really good. I enjoyed it from start to finish. It's chill as fuck and I really like the drums and percussion. It's a satisfying listen and gave me an odd nostalgic feeling. Can't really think of anything I heard that I didn't like or thought was wrong.

This is the kind of music I like listening to.

Great track, dude.

Land of the Living Land of the Living

In my opinion, whether they are FL sounds or not, your sound choice is superb here and this is structured very well. Everything meshes. This gives me kind of an '80s vibe, which is always cool to me. I've always enjoyed the melodies you come up with. The only criticism I might have is that the strings around 0:28-29 come in very suddenly and it sounded a little odd to me, but that might just be nitpicking.

Overall great track, could listen to it all day.

nietzlawe responds:

I'm thankful of the feedback I really am. There is a frustration in that I know I can elevate the feel in the final third of the song.

When out walking, I keep playing out certain directions in my mind so that when I get back to the session I can re-edit particular segments, but then my concentration gets broken up a little bit. I wish I had a little bit more know how with the levels and mastering.

I also thought that the strings came in a little bit abruptly at 28-29. In the end I just stuck with it when I should have created a more subtle lead-in.

I'm happy you like the vibe of the track. I always try to make that the focal point, that there is a little bit of personality and intensity in the melody, however simplistic.

Iczer One with Nagisa Iczer One with Nagisa

I don't know how I've never heard of this.

Everything on this looks pretty good, except the one on the right's (that one's Nagisa, right?) right foot. It looks like the end just got run over by a (space?) truck or something to that effect. It just looks too flat compared to the rest of her.

I like the shininess on her (Iczer One?)... Leather? I make no assumptions, given the description you've given of this show, for all I know, it's space rubber. Particularly on her boots and whatever that vest looking thing is supposed to be called.

I think what you did the best job on, though, was the hair, for both of them. When most people draw hair, it looks like a big, lightly detailed clump, but yours looks like.. Well, hair.

Everything is also well proportioned, and I like their expressions.

I give this one 9 out of 10 black dicks and 5 out of 5 slip 'n' slides.

Phobotech responds:

lol, of course it got ran over by a space truck. I suppose it DOES look pretty flat, I was hoping that bit of shading down the top of her foot prevented it from looking like that, but I suppose I'll have to mess around drawing with feet some more to prevent that kind of illusion in the future. Thanks for pointing it out, really!

Thank you for the compliment on Iczer's shine, I liked how it came out too. I studied some Google Image results on Iczer One to see what kind of crap the original artist was doing for that effect, and I kinda improvised all around. Had the most fun working on that leathery effect on the breasts, but I liked how it came out on the boots too...though, while doing the ink-work, it seemed like a BITCH getting those boots to look right, turns out all it needed was to be shaded in darker and have that dark blue. Only then did everything seem to come together for her feet. (in other words, the white inside the boots before coloring were really throwing it off)

Thanks again! I'm quite happy how the hair came out, and yes, I completely agree that anime tends to clump the hair. But I understand now WHY they do that- it would take way, way, WAY too long, or it would be WAAAYYY too expensive to animate hair as detailed as this.

I'll take your 9 dirty dicks in a row. One time I got my kicks with Joe and I marked this review as "helpful" with those dicks in a row. Much appreciated, Sinitech!

Hip Hop 80s style Hip Hop 80s style

Very nice.

Everything looks damn good, the only minor criticism I have is that the cracks in the road don't really seem to follow the same perspective as the lines on the sidewalk. It it weren't for the fact that the tankman is standing right on top of it, it would almost look like some kind of border.

Boss responds:

it is very awkwardly drawn

topself topself

WHAT

I CAN'T FAP TO THIS >:C

NeverHundred responds:

Your mouth says one thing, but your hands are saying another.